Monday, February 27, 2012

Magical Mondays: Aerial Yoga!




What a wonderful Monday!!!

This past week was so full of magic and light – it was amazing. Firstly, we were incorporated by the state of Massachusetts this week!! Journey to Hope is now legally Journey to Hope Yoga Inc. We couldn’t be more thrilled to make this announcement. We are one step closer to our 501(c)3 status – and the letter is signed by the secretary of the commonwealth!! As usual, Journey to Hope is growing in light, magic and wonderment. I cannot believe that we have been operating since August, and are seeing many of my dreams become realities.
This weekend, I was able to spend time with some of my favorite girlfriends. A little time away was exactly what the doctor ordered. We went to aerial yoga at South Boston Yoga and it was everything I remembered, needed and more! After yoga, we stopped into Parish. It was a good experience, but the service was slow. The food was half and half. Two of us weren’t so sure about our sandwich choices, while the other two were in love. If I were yelping, I would give it a 3... try it, and see if you like it for yourself!!

After lunch and cocktails, we went out for a LOT of shopping & dancing. It was the perfect way to spend a girly Saturday and I was so blessed to be with my favorite girlfriends.

When I arrived home on Sunday afternoon, the boys (all of them!) missed me tons. I needed a quick nap before lentil/garlic stew (recipe below) and watching a DVD of our wedding! I cried more during the video, then at the wedding itself. It was so beautiful to watch our day over again and see all of our friends and family surround us with their love.

Little things I am thankful for this week: lawyers doing paperwork for me, the ability to write, girlfriends, wedding DVD, hot chocolate, chocolate covered gummy bears, sea salt caramel, subbing extra classes this week, upcoming lunch dates, yoga(!), hubby, Digger & Apollo, A Mighty Heart, stew, our logo, upcoming yoga benefits, fundraising, our intern Cindy and much more!

By the way, our stew was delicious and I will attach the recipe below. It is a combination of tuscan white bean and garlic soup, with lentil soup included! I don’t measure things, as my mother-in-law always guesses – I flavor to taste.

Lentil Garlic Bean Stew

*Chicken broth (1/2 the box)
*Water (add more towards the end if you want a more soup consistency)
*2 cans chickpeas
*2 cans kidney beans
*6 cloves of garlic
*Handful of chopped carrots
*1/2-1 cup of lentils
*Cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, garam masala.

Toss it in the crockpot for a few hours and viola...stew! We eat this with nann and make it VERY, very thick... but if you want more of a soup quality – then just add more water. Spices are always to taste. I use a “pinch” of garam masala because it’s strong. I use more cumin than coriander (always) – a 3 to 1 ratio.

Enjoy!!

Get out there - do yoga & make life sparkle!!
Namaste,
Jenny 

No comments:

Post a Comment