Tuesday, November 22, 2011


Dear 25th year,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for everything you have done, been and ever will be. You were the year that changed my life, and I know that it can only improve and get better with age.

This year, you helped me found a non profit organization, graduate with my master’s degree from Cambridge College, graduate from my yoga teacher training from the Yoga Loft, watch my baby brother graduate from high school and my cousin graduate from Salem State. We got engaged together and then I married the love of my life (!!!) all before Christmas.

I learned a lot about myself during this year. I learned that I am brave enough to start a business from scratch because I believe the people in Cape Cod need better access to yoga.

I learned way too much about idioms and how to write an amazing graduate thesis on teaching idiomatic expressions to English language learners. I finally understood the difference between being a teacher and an educator, of which I am the former.

I learned the value of commitment, and what it means to be a life partner. I learned a lot about communication, vows and love.

I learned about blogging, technology, social media, business marketing and telephone marketing. I learned about promoting myself as a business and constantly being on the look out for more opportunities.

I learned that I am much braver than I think I am.

I learned that with a little support and a lot of love, you can get anywhere. AND I learned that even without the support and the love, manifesting a positive attitude and putting dreams into actions will help you achieve any dream.

I learned how to cook. American and Indian food.

I learned how to clean an oven, how to make coasters, and the importance of candles, lyscol wipes and a swiffer.

I learned about aerial yoga (which I hope to be certified in next year), and took a class with David Magone from Pranavayu yoga.

I learned that the beach can solve any problem. Ever.

I was already blessed, but this year proved to me that life can get better and better everyday. If we keep our positive attitudes and our dreams alive, we will manifest the most amazing and wonderful life. I am so grateful for my husband, my family (including my very new family), friends and new faces!

Bring it on 26! Let’s see what you have to offer, what obstacles I need to remove or encounter, what positive, blessed and amazing events can happen and where I will end up next. I am so excited to be with you on this journey.

Forever & always,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment