Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Power of a Nap or a Bubble Bath

Yesterday I was in a terrible funk. I was grumpy, I had a headache and I was just sad. The snow, the wind, the rain and insignificant "bad" news was all beginning to get to me. I came home, gave my husband a quick kiss and the furry babies a pat and went straight into the bathroom.

I have to admit, I love bubble baths and since experiencing LUSH products, I have been quite obsessed. I started with my favorite scent, Karma but I have recently opened my palate to include others. My friend Ashley sent me a fun gift pack that included all kinds of citrusy scents and it was so full of sunshine (she knows me so well - winter is NOT my season)! I also purchased a few bubble bath bombs a few weeks ago and have been experimenting with those as well. One of them made my bathtub look like a lagoon and made me feel like a sparkly mermaid, which is ALWAYS a plus in my book.
 
With my bubbles in hand and a notebook & pen nearby, I sank in. In my personal opinion, bubble baths & naps rank in the top 5 stress relivers just below yoga and a wee bit above the perfect hot chocolate. It was so nice to actually be able to relax. I put on my pajamas and went from the bath to the bed for a wee bit of a nap. An hour and a half after I came home, I looked, felt and was a completely different person then the frazzled woman who had walked in the door earlier that evening.
 
 
I believe self care is something we do not invest enough time in. The 21st century is teaching us to rush and constantly be connected. My doctor recently diagnosed me with carpal tunnel (which I don't believe and am getting a second opinion), but if it is then I directly relate it to my overuse of technology. I am constantly connected as my job is at an internet company and I want to create an online yoga presense for you all as well. Sometimes we just need to unplug and destress without the use of technology.
 
After my bath and nap, I cuddled on the couch with hubby and made us a nice dinner before we went off to bed. Sometimes all it takes is a bubble bath and a nap. Other days it is a yin yoga class, a power yoga class or a glass of wine! Whatever brings you joy and allows you to destress.
 
My husband is amazing and knows when I just need a few minutes. Our friend Lauren calls them her "Lauren minutes" and it's a really nice way of letting others know you just need a little bit of alone time, or a break from the world.
 
It's time for you to indugle. What will make YOU happy today??
 
Get out there - do yoga & make life sparkle!
Namaste,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment