Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happiness should be your next life job!




”Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive.  And then go and do that.  Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”           -Harold Whitman

What makes you come alive? Do you go home and bake after a stressful day? Take yoga class? Paint, write, sing?

Whatever it is, do it! Whether or not you do it for a job is something else entirely, but if it makes you happy, make sure you implement happiness in your life. In my personal opinion, there is no life without laughter and love. In each of my yoga classes, I am always laughing or trying to crack a tiny joke about smiling inner voices. Yoga is taken so seriously sometimes. We try to get into these challenging poses, we hold our breath, and we struggle! We forget that the point of yoga is to breathe, relax and have fun.

Too often, American’s put so much pressure into yoga. We (as a society) put pressure into everything. Why can’t life be more fun? Yes, we all have bills to pay, houses to buy, wrinkles to obtain – but why can’t those wrinkles be obtained through laughter as opposed to frowns?

Next time you’re in class, try smiling. It might feel weird at first, to curl your lips up and put your best face forward – but trust me, it’s worth it! It may even make you laugh, which could be the best.
In yoga, just as in life, we need to have more fun. Work is essential to living; we all need money to survive. But work should also have an element of fun to it – put glitter on a few of your pens, wear your hair a new way, put a beautiful photograph on your desk or desktop. Have fun! It never hurt anyone – and if you’re not allowed to have fun, maybe you should think about trying something new.

Our jobs in life should be happiness. As John Lenon said: "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life."

You life job doesn’t have to be your career. Your job has to be something you get paid for. Your career or your life job doesn’t require payment. It requires living your best life – giving life everything you have. Putting your passion into quilting, scuba diving, video games or your puppy is a way of life – it’s a life job. A responsibility to have fun! Try it out today.

Get out there – do yoga & make life sparkle!
Namaste,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment