Thursday, February 28, 2013

Inspirations, Gratitude & Obsessions

The end of January is typically a great time to reflect and check in with your goals and “resolutions” but what about February?? I have decided to do a monthly reflection for you all of my own goals, as well as some of the fun adventures I have been on each month. I believe it is so important to express gratitude for your life, as well as share tips & tricks. I learn so much in 24 hours let alone 30 days and would love to share some of my ever expanding knowledge! I hope this post is inspiring you all to create your own gratitude lists and your current obsessions. If you have a particular post, please feel free to share yours as I would love to see your gratitude lists as well.

Yoga
My personal challenge to myself was to be on my mat three times a week in studio. I did not reach this goal but did come pretty close. While I was stuck in Austin, TX and snowed out of my own city I did some discovering and went to a yoga class at Wunderlust Live which I adored. I was not able to make it on my mat as often while there but did manage to walk all over the city of Austin! I will be continuing this personal challenge as well as my meditation practice and am excited to share new experiences along the way.
One of those experiences is Kundalini yoga. I have been truly enjoying my Kundalini practice of late. It is very spiritual, with heavy breathing and intense meditations. As the full moon was upon us mere days ago, I have done a lot of spiritual workshops and intentions as well as Kundalini classes. One of the highlights of February for me was attending a Crystal Bowl Workshop on the evening of the full moon and setting an intention for the months to come. I have a beautiful goal in mind and am excited to begin on that path and journey!

Meditation
I have continued my daily meditation practice. While in Austin, I meditated all but two days and got right back into the groove upon returning to my humble abode. I have been using May Cause Miracles as a guide, and am excited to continue. The best part of this meditation practice is that although I am using May Cause Miracles as inspiration, if the battery on my nook dies I arrive in front of my altar and simply listen to my heart. It has created in me an intention of keeping a regular routine and an open & clean heart. I am thoroughly enjoying my meditations.

Inspiration
I try to keep a running list of wish list items for eating, watching, reading & inspiring. This month I have created quite the “To Watch & Read” list as The Oscar’s were on this month & I’ve been spending a lot of time researching new inspiring authors.
A list of movies I really want to watch: Silver Linings Playbook, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Inocente & Paper Man.
A list of books I’m ready to tackle: Atlas Shrugged, The Great Gatsby, The Richest Man in Babylon,&  The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I would also love to re-read my favorite book, The Alchemist. {Along of course with the required 500 hour teacher training reading… I wish we had more than 24 hours in each day sometimes!}
An amazing list of 30 things you can do in your life RIGHT NOW. *Watch the videos in #28 ASAP!!

Glittering Adventures
This month was (as always) full of beautiful, fun, glittering adventures! My cousin Heather came for a visit with her friend Sarah and we had a girls night out at Embargo. While the girls were visiting, we played karaoke with our friends Nadia & Tom that same weekend along with a healthy dinner party (YUMMY!)
 
I had a few adventures touring around Austin, TX. I went on a tour of the Texas State Capital building, ate delicious foods, found a brand new amazing yoga studio, went up on stage at a performance, saw my first Mardi Gras on 6th street & worked my behind off at a conference for educational technology!
The following week was full of snow days where I was able to work from home and pamper my puppy, as well as a beautiful Valentine's Day out with my hubby. Some alone time at our one of our favorite places and a well as the wedding album I created for us (and my fun new presents!!)

 
This past week I went to dinner with a few yogi friends for Thai food & all month long I have spent time cuddling with my little family and falling deeper in love my husband and our furry babies.
The best and most gitter-tastic adventure of all however was our Journey to Hope photo shoot (with the amazing Ashley Bilodeau) and potluck this past weekend! We have some amazing photos coming soon and had a wonderful time discussing which shelters everyone worked at, what their passions were and WHY they volunteer for our organization. I am so blessed to have such wonderful volunteers and couldn’t do what we do without them. Thank you so much ladies…so much love & light to each of you!
Creating
I have been spending a lot of time creating video content, hooking up with my videographers (and sending them loads & loads of glitter & yoga inspiration), creating logos, collaborating with friend on the Leap of Faith Kit and creating a place where you all will be able to see my schedule, read the blog in a better format and learn more about yoga, love, life & glitter!! I am so excited to finally see things coming together on this last day of February and feel so blessed to be coordinating with some RAD women.
 
Materialism

The THINGS I have been loving lately: my new alex & ani bracelets from hubby (Ohm, Peace & Anchor), my PINK Victoria Secret hoodie, my mala beads via Connie Mooney, lululemon yoga pants (which I LIVE in), bright blue jeans & loads of blazers in every color, wearing more accessories, glitter spray & all of my LUSH products.
 
Journey to Hope Yoga Inc
I am in love with: our efforts, our board, what we bring to the community, our volunteers and the amazing, wonderful, beautiful people we serve every week. Thank you, thank you, thank you for being a part of the journey with us no matter if you’re reading, donating, participating or watching from afar!
Get out there – do yoga & MAKE LIFE SPARKLE!
Namaste,
Jenny

2 comments: