Monday, June 4, 2012

MAGICAL, Magical Monday!


I know I say this every week, but I am not sure how I am this blessed! I am surrounded by some of the most amazing, talented and kind individuals I have ever met, and I have so much love around me.

Journey to Hope had the most amazing weekend! Friday evening we had our henna party and we had an absolute blast! 16 people arrived to get henna, drink wine/smoothies/juices, eat healthy & delicious food, dance and chat for hours into the night. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law (recently finished her 1st year of med school!!) came down to visit, as well as my aunt and cousins! What a fun kick off to the weekend. To top it all off: we ended up raising $380!

The following morning, I taught four new teachers, alongside my partner in crime and JTH president, Leigh Alberti. I am confident that these wonderful people, Russ, Jacquie, Bettina and Fran will be a huge asset and wonderful addition to our Journey to Hope family. They are enthusiastic, excited and willing to volunteer and learn!

We have raised $540 this weekend, and are hosting our next benefit class in a few hours, 10 am @ West Dennis Library – a yoga class by donation! Join us if you would like, for the final push to pay the IRS and become a legal 501c3 non-profit!

Also, if you’re interested in henna, raffles, silent auction and more yummy food, check out our summer fundraiser here! We would love to have you join us. Tickets sold via paypal and at the door.
Chris Hemsworth (Thor)Chris Hemsworth (Thor)
On a personal level, I had a low-key and yet amazing week. It was short, 4 days is not nearly enough time for a week... but it was productive and I took it slow on my body. I am so blessed to have an amazing husband and two adorable furry babies at home that respect and love me so much! I honestly don’t know what I would do without them!

The little things: eating healthy, creating fun yoga sequences, researching 500 hour teacher trainings, applying for our first grant (!), seeing so much of my family in such a short amount of time, good friends, henna, trying henna on myself, limca (my favorite India drink!), Chris Hemsworth on The View, and bubble guns!

Hope your week is magical!
Get out there – do yoga & make life sparkle,
Namaste,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment