Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Shifting for Miracles

I live my life. Truly live in each moment. 

Dancing to our family beat with my beautiful cousins
As Oscar Wilde said: "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all." I have a desire to live, and I always have! Even when I was a little girl, I wanted to try everything. I certainly marched (or danced) to the beat of my own drum. 

As a child, I had a lot of passions. Unlike other children, my passion wasn't streamlined into one activity. I tried everything I could: figure skating, ballet, theater, horseback riding, color guard, chorus, youth group, girl scouts, softball, volleyball, swimming, newspaper and much more. Many folks could have called it indecisiveness or ADHD, but my parents and I thought we would call it a "zest for life."

As an adult, I still have all that passion and yest. Although yoga helps to calm me and streamline some of my thoughts, I still run at a million miles a minute. My friends often wonder how I do so many things: work a full-time job, run a non-profit, practice and teach yoga and still make a home cooked meal every single night... 

I begin every day at 5:00am and do not physically or mentally stop until it is time for bed (and often you can find a few notebooks on our side table in case thoughts arrive in the middle of the night). One of my biggest explanations is that I am a Sagittarius. We are known as the wanderers of the zodiac, the traveler and adventurer. We are full of positive energy, loud (opinionated) voices, optimism and big ideas

The other explanation of my high energy and zest for life is my perspective. In college, I hit an all time low in my life. I was so drained and depressed that some days I could not physically get out of bed. I had hit rock bottom emotionally and when I finally emerged, I vowed never to go there again. For the past few years, I have been working on being happy and spreading my joy wherever, whenever and however I can.

In being happy I don't just rely on myself, I rely on my environment. I am a firm believer that we create our own environments and I have created a life I love by opening my heart to include amazing people, moving to a safe and beautiful neighborhood, working hard and giving back. You are comprised of the top 5 people you spend time with, and my people are AMAZING!

Silly Hubby & I 
My husband can always make me laugh (especially if I'm having a bad day)  my family loves me unconditionally and I am friends with healers, yogis and ambitious young men & women. I also watch and follow many inspirational people in the world community. I subscribe to MarieTV and watch her every Tuesday, I follow The Daily Love twitter and email updates as well as read Gala Darling, OHSheGlows, and SkinnyTaste. I surround myself with love, health and happiness.

While watching MarieTV today, I saw Gabby Bernstein in an interview and heard the best gem: "A miracle is a shift in our perspectives and seeing something with more love." As someone who is very spiritual, I connect with this definition. I also connect to something my minister said a few years ago: There is no such thing as a coincidence, only miracles.

I see my life as a set of beautiful blessings and miracles. I am always grateful for what I have and try to spread my joy to others. I chose to shift. I chose miracles.

I encourage you to do the same. Find happiness. Find bliss. 

If something is bothering you, leave the room. Get fresh air, talk to a friend, take a yoga class. Flip your perspective and chose your own miracle.

Get out there - do yoga & make life sparkle!
Namaste,
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm! Just got me thinking to have a full 360 degrees turn to find what I was looking for… Thanks for waking me up and surely I’ll take it from you…. :D
    SchoolYogaInstitute.com

    ReplyDelete