Friday, January 18, 2013

Why (Crazy) Creative People Don't Do Laundry

Last week I had some amazing energy bursts. It felt as thought my mind was on fire. I couldn’t type, write or speak fast enough to record all of my plans, ideas & inspirations. It was the kind of day where I was physically and (especially) mentally G.O.I.N.G from 4:30am until 10:00pm when my body literally collapsed from exhaustion of inspiring ideas.

Needless to say, I got a lot of ideas on paper. I emailed  many people and did ZERO errands. I bought dinner at trader joes because I was too inspired to cook, I just needed to write. I didn’t do laundry. I didn’t do dishes. Dishes, laundry and eating could wait – I had inspiration that couldn’t be lost!
As I was just about to go to sleep, I was struck by how much I accomplished within my creative world and yet how much I had neglected in terms of my personal life. I realized and completely understood why often times creative people are perceived as crazy.
A friend of mine recently posted this quote: “Normal is a cycle on the washing machine.” It’s reflective t who you are, where you are and what you’re doing. To someone who may not be a writer or creator, bursts of inspiration may not make much sense. The idea that you have so many ideas that you ignore all other aspects of your life is a concept that some people understand and others do not. Hence, normal is relative.
With all that said: To my husband, I apologize for not finishing the laundry. To my car, I know you still need an oil change. To my mom, sorry I forgot to call this week. And to all my fellow (crazy) creative people: your laundry isn’t going anywhere. Just make sure you do it tomorrow or ask someone for help! You don’t want to be a smelly cat lady – you want to be creative, inspired and quirky.
Get out there – do yoga & make life sparkle!
Namaste,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment