Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Thirty Day Challenge of 2013


I have a confession to make: sometimes I practice yoga only once a week. My schedule for the past few months has been increasingly busy and my commitment to myself has been a bit low.

I decided that I need a few things. First, I’m going to complete the 30 Day Yoga Challenge. My good friend Jill owns Power Yoga of Cape Cod and she started a 30 day yoga challenge movement! We now have 800+ yogis attending this challenge and I have begun today with all my yogi friends. I took a class in Plymouth on my way home from work at a tiny little studio, Latti Datti Pilates.

My second commitment to myself is to eat a vegetarian diet during the weekdays and watch my portion sizes. Being a yogi to me means being my best self. Or as Oprah says: "Live your best life!" I want to feed my body and my soul with good veggies, a lot of movement & a lot of love. It's time for me to slow down and listen to my body.

This will be a crucial challenge for me. I need to be on my mat while taking care of myself. There are often days when my yogi self becomes disconnected. THIS is when we need yoga the most in our lives. The moment we feel our energy leave. The moment we feel a hangry (hungry + angry) headache. The moment we recognize we should have taken an extra breath before speaking. It is in those moments that I need my breath and my practice the most.



I am urging you to join me! 30 days of yoga. Start today, start this morning, start right now.

What are you waiting for?

Get out there, do yoga & make life sparkle.
Namaste,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment